Sunday, April 5, 2015

Commemorative Bird House

My Plan

My mom died 7 years ago after a ten year battle with cancer. You never really loose your mother though. You carry her in your heart every day! Thinking about my mother and how much she loved birds. I love to feed birds too! I love to sit and watch them and identify the different ones that come to visit our feeders. Even the pesky Squirrels don’t bother me...
I also love this verse about sparrows…Lk

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.



Practice and prepare
So I struggled as I got started. I made three pinch pots of various sizes and attempted to create the basic form. It was difficult and looking at them now I think I still need a lot of work on getting the “sparrow look” See my little painting of the sparrow in the background. I used it as a guide. My Form actually turnout out a little too tall and slender to be a sparrow… Maybe I will turn it into another type of Bird.. like a cardinal? I don’t know

Thinking ahead I attached a loop handle so I would have a way to hang my Bird Birdhouse to the hook! I also added a slab of clay that I will eventually care to look like features to the back of the form

Day 2
I am going to work on the head some more today and the tail feathers and perhaps go ahead and cut a hole in the belly for function.. I may create a perching 


No comments:

Post a Comment