Friday, October 19, 2012

Planning & Preparing- Illuminated Letter Comp

It takes time to Plan:
Sometimes I look at ideas that others have done and then I begin to adapt those ideas into something original. I knew I wanted to use my Initial for my compositions and I love Illuminated Letters
  
From there I begin to make my beginning sketches to PLAY with the possibilites

 I also enjoy working with Symbolism so referring back to the motif research.. I think of and look at symbols that represent aspects of my PERSONAL identity. I believe anything we create should be something that we connect with personally

 Once I had my letter design I realized I had to do something with the negative space so I created this pattern varying the size of one motif

 all of a sudden it came to me!!!!.. I abandoned the pattern I created and created my final composition using larger shape to break up the whole space of the cylinder template

 I then created this to do my transfer onto the clay this is particularly important if your letter needs to be in reverse to transfer correctly (ie letters B, C, D, E, F, G J, L, N, R,  P, D, S, Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment